There is a lot of travel information readily available from your local bookstore to online.
- Where to go? What to do? Where to stay? I am always buying travel books for my next trip or about places that look interesting! Want to know more about something – google it! TripAdvisor has great information as well as reviews from other travellers.
- Tour companies are a great way to go, but do your research! Folks I can recommend are:
- Visit Travel Advice and Advisories for the Government of Canada’s official source of destination-specific travel information. Things to check are the security level for the country, whether you need a Visa and what immunizations are required.
- Are you planning on driving during your travels? For Canadians, the CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT APPLICATION FORM is available from CAA.
- Unsure where to travel next? Look at the fascinating list of the World Heritage Centre UNESCO sites and plan a trip around your bucket list item! I found a UNESCO book a few years ago in Costco and although it’s a little out of date now, I still get lost in the pages browsing locations and daydreaming about going there someday. I will definitely be consulting this list for the countries I’ll be travelling to so that I don’t miss anything!
- How about the Seven Wonders of the World? There are many different lists available with fabulous things to see! Sadly, only the Great Pyramid of Giza remains from the original list. I am hoping to see all of the Natural Wonders of the World on my travels!
Some of my links are for Canadians only, please google for your specific country!