I want a Louis Vuitton trunk, many of them. I want to pack them and organize my stuff and travel with them. I also want somebody else to carry them, carefully of course.
I leave Canada on Tuesday, May 28 and fly from Edmonton to San Francisco (Air Canada) and then San Franciso to Auckland (United). With the time changes, I arrive in Auckland, New Zealand on May 30 and will completely miss May 29 this year!
Lessons have been learned the hard way over and over and I am travelling with only my purple backpack that comes in at a whopping 21 pounds! Carry on and lightweight. For those that have seen me pack, their jaws just dropped. The 21 pounds includes heavy stuff like my camera and the many converters I need and I may have snuck in a travel sized blow dryer and hair straightener. I even have space to bring back some Starbucks mugs for Nadine.
I have been packed for weeks …
- Osprey 36L Sirrus Backpack (with built-in raincover)
- Osprey Lightweight Travel Backpack/Stuff Sack
- Nikon Camera
- Nikon Charger & Extra Battery, Kindle Charging Cable, Power Pack & Cable, Converters
- PacSafe Locking Cable, PacSafe Lock
- Sunglasses, Reading Glasses
- Wallet ~ Diving Cards, Australia ETA, Cambodia Visa, Vietnam Visa, Yellow Fever Vaccination Card, Passport, NEXUS, Credit Cards
- Diving Logbook
- Hat, Flip Flops, Sneakers, Pedicure Flip Flops (for showering)
- Travel Sized Blow Dryer, Hair Straightener, Hair Elastics, Brush, Comb
- Bounce (8 sheets), Travel Towel, Bandaids, Antibiotics, Vitamins, Prescription Pills
- Chapstick, Makeup, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Body Wash, Deodorant, Shampoo/Conditioner Samples, Nail Clippers, Tweezers, Q-Tips
- Pashmina (1), Gore-Tex Jacket (1), Hoody (1)
- Bathing Suit (1), Long Sleeve Sun Shirt (1)
- Shorts (3), T-Shirt (2), Tank Top (4), Capris (1), Leggings (1), Short Romper (1)
- Underwear (7), Bras (2), Socks (3)
Happy Travels 💕
🌏 🍷 👠
Jackie is “Mom” to one amazing son, an IT professional, and an obsessed traveller. She spends her time reading, golfing at Ladies League, and implementing software projects. Jackie has travelled to 7 continents and 90 countries and is always planning the next destination and adventure!
8 Replies to “Travelling With Only A Backpack”
Good work Jack!! I’m pretty sure what you have packed for 2 months is what I carry in my handbag most of the time!! I especially liked the fact you alloted space for mugs!!! Remember, only 1. 💕 can’t wait to hear about your travels. Love you!! Xoxo N
Lol I only have room for about 1. See you in August! Love you too xoxo 💕
Here you go again sweetie taking your dreams a bit farther!! May you enjoy every day of your adventures and the beautiful places you are going to see !! Safe travels wonderful daughter we love you very much xoxo 💕PS see you in August
💕 Thanks! Love you both. See you in August when I get back!
Wow!!! That is small. Isn’t it amazing the technology we need! I always say if I need it i’ll buy if there. We ( me & the furkids Lizzie & Harvey) looking fwd seeing you and staying at our home! If you get cold down here ( as start of Winter 1st June) we can always lend your warm clothes. 12C wet & windy today. Oh yeh…. you are coming from Canada and you are use to ‘minus’ degrees for Winter!😳
Yep travelling light this time! See you soon. Looking forward to spending time with you and Barb. And meeting your fur kids 😊